BTN Etsy Blog Hop


Recently I was nominated to answer some questions about my Etsy shop, hmmm my Etsy shops closed... but I will open it soon again!

1. What inspired you to start your business or Etsy shop?
I started my Etsy shop a fair few years ago where I sold my illustrations and various fabric items. I think I made fabric tea bags with faces on! It's funny looking back at them now and how my style and skills have changed. I was quite new to the blogging world back then and fresh out of University and was excited to set up my shop. At that time I found it hard to keep it updated with new projects so sadly it just got forgotten about. I am going to reopen it up in March with some new items I have been working on.  



2. We’re looking at goals in the Brighton Etsy Team this month, can you share one of your goals for the next six months?
Oof I have so many. I have a constant unrealistic To Do list and I guess I will just try to work my way through that. Here are a few on the list:
- redesign my blog and website
- sell at more craft fairs in the Summer. Mainly Brighton ones.
- re-open my Etsy shop
- and make more things with wood, oh and fit in more weavings.



3. What are you working on at the moment?
I'm working on a massive list of things I want to make for the next Art Junky which I have a table at, at the end of March. I am also pretty obsessed with making plant leaves out of fabric. I recently made a cheese plant leaf and have a few more on the list to make. I think they would look great all hung on the wall. Oh and my giant pretzel, really enjoyed making that.  



4. If you could give other sellers or someone looking to start their own craft business one piece of advice, what would you say?
Make sure you're doing it for yourself and not to expect big mega things a first. It really shows if you are trying to please trends and people so just do things that you will enjoy and it will shine through in your work! 











Thank you so much I Like Cats Shop and Georgie St Clair for nominating me! I'm new to the Brighton Etsy group so lovely to meet you in the blogging world. I would like to nominate Yuk Fun, Yellow Bear Wares and Oh Someday Jewellery ..... However I have just noticed that these ace bloggers have already taken part so maybe just hop on over to have a look.