Pretty books

I've been reviewing a few books recently and I thought I couldn't leave these 2 out. These 2 are gifts from my boyfriend. He often visits the great comic book shop called Dave's Comics in the North Laines in Brighton and buys himself a treat. And for me too sometimes! They are sitting pride of place in the mini book shelf next to my desk. Anytime I need reminding of pretty colours I'll go straight for these.

Above: Map of Days by Robert Hunter, Nobrow Press
A wonderful story about a guy who steps into a grandfather clock following his grandfather to see where he disappears to at night. The illustrations are beautiful and is has a great colour palette. Really lovely.

Below: Eventually Everything Connects by Loris Lora, Nobrow Press
This concertina book is all about how people connect up together. How is Hitchcock connected to Charles Eames?? That kind of thing. I love how the book spreads out to 4m and there is a pull out poster at the back. Again I love the illustrations and the colours! Really is a good one!


Labels: , ,